To be able to change any condition in your life, you must master the art of bringing every thought in you into obedience to the word of Christ concerning the issue. Every thought entertained in your heart must be consistent with the vision of God concerning the issue.
There can only be a readiness to revenge(subdue, change) every outward disobedience in your situation when your obedience within is complete.
To grow anything, you must believe 100% in growth. You must believe with all of your heart that the growth of my ministry and its further development and expansion is the express will of God for us. Any shadow of doubt entertained will be exploited by the enemy as a genuine excuse for failure.
You must clearly see the portion of Scripture that clearly states that growth, increase and multiplication is God’s will for you. Once it becomes as abnormal to you for your church not to grow as it will be to a parent for their infant not to grow, you have taken the major step to experiencing the grace of great growth. Each person must seek the face of the Lord to make it clear in your heart that growth is God’s will for you. His revelation will purify your motives. You are no longer seeking growth in order to compete with the ministry next door, nor to use it as a success symbol but you clearly see the intent of God in bringing about an increase. You enter into a covenant with God on it as the light dawns on you while meditating. There are several parts of Scripture that clearly shows that growth is God’s will.
Christ in speaking directly about how the kingdom operates gave us three examples of God’s faithfulness and two of those three examples were manifestations of growth and that with ease. Luke 12:24-27 “24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; …………. 25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?……….. 27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
How the lilies grow and how you also didn’t and cannot add one cubit to your stature. The growth comes from God. First words of God to man was “..be fruitful then multiply”
Things that will facilitate growth:
1. The root and source of real spiritual growth that comes with development is the Word of God. The Word is the ONLY source for true spiritual growth. The early Church multiplied as there was an increase of God’s word within it.
Acts 6:7 “And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith”.
Seek out all avenues for the word to be taught, preached, prayed and prophesied.
Never forget that even research over the years have consistently shown that the primary reason a person attends a church is because of the preaching of the pastor.
2. The message must be right. You cannot be found on the pulpit literally preaching to yourself affirming that your point of view is the right one. You must preach to answer the questions in the hearts of the people, giving them real solutions to things they face every day. Never preach outside the context of the lives of the people in the city your church is. Keep it simple and teach the way they have learnt from childhood to receive knowledge. Communicate transforming truth with transferable concepts that would surge forward and spread from one believer to another.
3. Develop the worship within your Church. Don Moen once told me how he was able to pick out an array of great worshippers like Ron Kenoly, Alvin Slaughter, Darlene Zschech, Israel Houghton to mention a few. He said where there is a great move of God in a church, they must be singing the right songs. He searched not first for singers but tracked where the move of God was and then he went into their services knowing they will have great worshippers.
4. Your personal faith will give you the initial breakthrough but multiplication will come from the faith of your people. Understand how to unleash the faith in your congregation.
2Corinthians 10:15 “Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men’s labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly”,
5. Have a strong discipleship programme beyond your regular services to train folks. You will need able and strong people who are not just taught but trained and have your spirit upon them. Encourage private conversations among the people concerning what has been taught and encourage them to ask you questions when they do not understand. In hearing what they are going through as they practise what you have taught you will discover how to communicate truth better. The training of disciples is the most powerful aspect of ministry.
6. Discipline must not be compromised. Let people know that the leadership is healthy, supportive but also strong. Weakness is not a virtue when leading people.
7. Have a solid feed back system. The best leaders are the ones are most responsive to he needs of their people. Know what people really experience coming into your church. Avoid pride. Welcome and integrate strangers on a first level which in no way can endanger the culture of your church.
8. Do not compete. Pray and bless every ministry/church working in the same space as you and make great statements about them in the public square.
To be cont’d…